Sunday, October 22, 2006

Using folding 35mm cameras


I Like having a camera with me at all times. This is one area where digital cameras lag. They have a tendency to flat batteries. Although I have more modern compact cameras I am fascinated by older alternatives. Recently I bought a Voigtlander II. I bought mine on Ebay for about the price of the new one. The seller also included a rangefinder, lens hood and four filters (including two the seller addes to the lot because he had found them and thought they might be some use to me. I put a cheap colour film in it and walked a quarter mile to Ely park to take some pictures of the autumn leaves. There picture of the lantern tower of Ely cathedral.

There is a copy of the manual here.
Not that I really needed one. The operation of this camera is fairly straightforward.


I also have a Voigtlander IIa. There are some examples on my photoblog here
. These pictures were also taken at Kentwell Hall but it was a World War II re-enctment rather than a Tudor one. I also have a Kodak Retina IIa. There are some pictures taken with it here

No comments: