Saturday, October 07, 2006

Film and Processing

This morning I have just taken delivery of 80 rolls of Fuji film. I had had ordered 60 rolls of 100 ISO but the seller contacted me to say he had already sold it and would I take 80 rolls of 200 ISO instead (presumably he did not want me complaining to Ebay). The film is justpast its use by date but this OK. Film does not self-destruct when it passes its expiry date. I usually get the film processed at Boots (a large UK chain of chemists). I usually get the film processed and scanned on to CD. The six day service costs £3.49 and I get 1840 x 1232 pixels. When I need a larger scan, I can just scan the negatives. This is more than enough for compiling digital slideshows for computers or TV. I make my slideshows using ProShow gold. I tried many programs and slected this one because of its range of output options.

No comments: