Friday, October 27, 2006

Another attempt with my Leica IIIa



I tried out the Leica again. The above picture was taken with a lens hood (there are some on my fotopage. Unfortunately the shutter button release fell off and was lost. I am waiting for a replacement from DAG.

I think that for my next attempt with this camera I will use an industar lens.

To prepare the film to use, I had bought a copy of an ablon template from ebay. The process wrote on the envelope that the start of the film had been damaged!

1 comment:

ZorkiKat said...

Hi excellent examples of photos made with ancient equipment. The 'glow' seen in the Leica pictures look more to be flares arising from dirty or cloudy lenses. I've gotten the same effect myself from ancient lenses which would look clean but otherwise have internal haze. In these cases, the cement used or a film of vapourised lubricant was deposited on the lens' internal surfaces. The so-called glow is more subtle, not really like the effect produced by shooting through diffusion screens or soft-focus filters. :) cheers