Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Voigtlander Vito IIa




As well as Tudor recreations, they also have World War II reanctments at Kentwell. I went to one such event two years ago. To get into the spirit of the event, I took these pictures with a Voigtlader Vito IIa (the first model of this series was pre-war but this one dates from 1955 - http://www.marriottworld.com/vito_cameras/folding.htm) . Unfortunately the home guard though I was a spy because it is a German camera and I had to say Wolverhampton Wanderers to prove that I was not. I did not use an exposure meter but used the sunny f16 rule. I used efke kb100 film which is a 1950s BW film . It was processed in Neofin Blue. Obviously one pictures was not taken with Vito. There are other pictures of the vent of my fotoblog (http://jfbell20.fotopages.com click on the archive a go down to July 2004). The Vito was bought on Ebay and it came from America. It was owned by a Paul Gaudette who engraved his name on the top. This and some dents put off collectors so it was very cheap.

No comments: